Friday, September 4, 2009

Movie Review: Brotherhood of Blood

You would think a movie with Sid Haig would have been better than what Brotherhood of Blood was. Now I have seen many reviews praising this film. I thought it was just ok. The story line was interesting. You had a group of vampire hunters lead by the attractive Victoria Pratt going after a group of Vamps who have one of their own, they are also hunting a CEO who has been bitten and A Vampire in his position would be bad for the world. Meanwhile you have vampires trying to avoid a Mega Vampire god from being ressurected.
It is low budget which I came to expect. Nothing wrong with that at all and the F/X they did with the budget were decent. I just couldn't get into it as much as I would have liked. I tried but the movie seemed to drag for a bit and the directing just could have been better. The music was decent but the Audio left something to be desired. The whole scene with a captured vampire was handled well.
It seemed at times Sid was less than enthusiastic to be there. I guess it may be tough going from the higher budgeted Devils Rejects to this. Again its a movie that was kind of just there. I don't hate it but then again I don't really like it either.
Its ok for a rental for a night if you are looking for a different type of Vampire movie. This one has a nice taste of Noir to it as well. There is a twist at the end which I didn't see coming so that did help get an extra half of a stub.
It gets 2 Stubs

No comments:

Post a Comment